Author Topic: Notice: Know Your Worth  (Read 721 times)

Rhyse

• PDG Hall of Famer

• Con Altura
    • View Profile
Notice: Know Your Worth
« on: May 16, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
A quick notice to the designers here who are part of PDG or just those who pass by:
It has recently come to my attention that some of you may have been contacted by an efed called EAW (Elite Answers Wrestling), being asked if you can do GFX work for them. I will say that, from my experience and others, this fed has never paid for the hard work completed by their various designers and likely has no intention of paying you guys. They will probably ask a lot of you, want it done on sharp and unrealistic deadlines, and will likely not give you any real credit or exposure for your work.

As talented designers, we deserve to be compensated for our work and time spent making our GFX for other companies and groups. If you would like to work with any client, payment of some kind should be something you seek as you are not just hobbyists, you are people with useful skills and limited time. Don't let other people take advantage of you just because you personally don't see yourself as a 'professional' graphic designer.

This fed in question, who are asking people to make work for them, already has designers who create work for them, most of whom I imagine they don't pay for their services. You have every right to work for them, but please be aware they will likely not pay you for your hard work, and you should be wary of that. If you'd like to make work for clients and receive compensation, I recommend going to your local wrestling promotions, as many people within PDG have, and find beneficial work there. Ask some of our members (Kidd Kash, for example, who makes posters for British indie promotions and Gherdez, who makes work for musicians) on advice about dealing with clients if that is something you wish to do. We all have a lot of talent here, and shouldn't settle for making 'free' work for people who have no intention of rewarding or recognising that work.

Know your worth, PDG and PSD Dreams members.

-Rhyse
// IRÉ JOVEN PA' LA SEPULTURA //

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The following users thanked this post: Gherdez, Ara, Workoutf, HLR, Konstantinos, JeriKane, Throwaway, circumstance, Jagged, Dizzy, Lennart, METALLIK

Jagged

• PDG Hall of Famer

• Mr. Self Destruct
    • View Profile
Re: Notice: Know Your Worth
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
yaaaaaasssss young king let em know :cute

The following users thanked this post: JeriKane, Rhyse

circumstance

• User

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:33 PM »
Preach this!! I also work in the design industry but for non wrestling gfx stuff so feel free to send me PM's too
1x Heavyweight Champion
1x Underground Champion (Current)
1x CITC Winner

The following users thanked this post: JeriKane, Rhyse

Gherdez

• Sosa
  • Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »
If you good at something don’t do it for free.
ཧམཛཞཊཇའ Follow me on Instagram

The following users thanked this post: Ara, JeriKane, Rhyse, circumstance, Jagged