Author Topic: SEND US RENDERS FROM THE PAST!  (Read 2012 times)

Gherdez

• MOB, HOFamer, Trend$etter
  • Administrator

• View Profile
SEND US RENDERS FROM THE PAST!
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »
HELP PSD DREAMS RE-BUILD THE GALLERY!

We launched the NEW Gallery not even 15 hours ago, and we already have 840+ renders Uploaded. It's a big number but it's NOTHING compared to what we had until 2 months ago on the old site! We are UPLOADING former renders which are gone but still saved on your resources! I'm SURE everybody of you has a Renders folder in your pc..What we ask is if you could make this Renders folder a .zip/.rar file, host it to and Hosting Site and then send the Download link to a Staff Member.

In order to succeed this mission, we are gonna need an accurate selection of renders and details, so read up the following RULES:

1. Check your Renders Folder on your computer and BE SURE every render was downloaded from our site.

(if you check the names of each files, you are probably gonna spot both the name of the render and of who has cut it)

Like ''CM Punk By Jess'' or ''Seth Rollins Cut by Crank'' etc.

2. DON'T rename any render. In order to have a correct program, we are going to re-add these renders with the name of who was previously cut it. If for example, you have a Render cut by Spankad, I'm personally going to upload it writing that Spankad originally rendered it.

3. Create a zip or rar file of the Renders folder (without any password) and upload it to an hosting file like:

SendSpace - Mediafire - ZippyShare - Mega

4. Send the DIRECT download link to @Gherdez or @L3wap or @DangerLiam or @GameElite via PRIVATE MESSAGE

By doing these operations, you will 100% contribuite to re-build our Gallery which was featuring over 65.000 renders before to crash. We will take our time, but we soon going to have a SOLID, STRONG AND LIMITLESS RENDER COMMUNITY! Click & Load!

AND THANK YOU!

Behance Profile - DeviantArt Profile

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

GameElite

• View Profile
Re: SEND US RENDERS FROM THE PAST!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:52 pm »
I want to say a huge thank you to @rubenandre099 and @MCRide for sending in some previous renders! This is appreciated so much. :)

Lucas Black

• Hardcore Champion

• I speak POLISH what's your superpower?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
Couple days ago I've sent all my downloaded renders from site and couple cuted out by me to L3wap. You've received them man?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:32:43 pm by Lucas Black »

SINCE: NOVEMBER 5, 2017 // (BreakDown #4)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SINCE: OCTOBER 22, 2017 // (BreakDown #2)
w./ WORKOUTF

CURRENT PDG  RECORD:
SINGLES: 8/1/0
TAG TEAM: 7/1/0

KohopKapah

• PDG Vet
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »
I have a few, I don't have many,

Do you want BG icons too??

GameElite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:03 am »
I have a few, I don't have many,

Do you want BG icons too??

Just renders please.

basstados

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 01:03:03 pm »
So nobody had a backup of all the renders? Damn, there must be somebody...

Just a general question. 90% of all wrestling cuts on the web are from psd-dreams or official promotion websites. So i think this would be a good time to consider changing the uploading rules. Any cut should be legitimate for a upload on psd-dreams! No matter who made the cut. Or would there be legal issues with that? I mean basically you guys are just a "png hoster" and could remove the cut if there is a rightfull copyright infringement. After all psd-dreams is not responsible for what their users upload (you might need a small notice for uploaders so you can claim they have been informed about the legal stuff). I mean all hosters have a similar model from image hosters like imgur up to video hosters like openload.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:06:08 pm by basstados »

L3wap

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »
hallo basstados,
wir haben ja deswegen den uploader status eingeführt, wer beim klauen von anderen seiten/personen bei uns erwischt wird, kriegt alle seine render gelöscht, sowie wird er auch gebannt von der gallerie. bei den officiellen wwe png sachen ist die ausnahme.

(hab dir den uploader status wieder gegeben)

MfG
L3

DangerLiam

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 01:45:01 pm »
So nobody had a backup of all the renders? Damn, there must be somebody...

That we know of, no, we aren't aware of any doomsday prepers who have decided to stockpile 65,000 png files

Just a general question. 90% of all wrestling cuts on the web are from psd-dreams or official promotion websites. So i think this would be a good time to consider changing the uploading rules.

No it isn't there is no reason for us to allow any and everyone to start uploading renders that aren't up to the standards of PSD-Dreams just because we have had this unfortunate set back. Our rules are in place to ensure that we aren't only the largest community of renders on the net but more importantly to ensure that our quality is the BEST.

Any cut should be legitimate for a upload on psd-dreams! No matter who made the cut. Or would there be legal issues with that? I mean basically you guys are just a "png hoster" and could remove the cut if there is a rightfull copyright infringement.

We are not interested in being simply a "png hoster" our aim to to help fans and hobbyists to be able to have fun creating graphics. Also how would we police if something was "legitimate" at the moment a good chunk of our cuts get reposted by people claiming to have done the work themselves so how could we ensure that people uploading to PSD-Dreams has cut an image themselves without having them first go through some kind of vetting?

After all psd-dreams is not responsible for what their users upload (you might need a small notice for uploaders so you can claim they have been informed about the legal stuff). I mean all hosters have a similar model from image hosters like imgur up to video hosters like openload.

Of everything the legal side of it is probably our least most concern, PSD-Dreams is not for profit and on the occasional chance that someone asks us to remove and image we do so. As I said earlier we aren't interest in matching other "hosters" models because we are aiming to provide a quality service.

basstados

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 02:00:56 pm »
Thx L3wap.
Genau diese Regel würde ich ändern. Rechtlich wäre es kein Problem.
"As long as a web site follows the DMCA laws regarding "Safe Harbor", they are immune from prosecution for any copyrights infringing on behalf of its users. These regulations include things like honoring takedown notices, not promoting or "inciting" copyright infringement by users."

@DangerLiam
I am not talking about letting people upload withuot uploader application or quality check of the png´s. I am talking about getting our database back to where it was with the help of ressources that are available on the internet (most of them from psd-dreams probably anyways). Fans and hobbyists benefit from a huge collection of cuts to choose from. And it will take forever if every render that we used to have has to be cut again.

DangerLiam

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 02:12:15 pm »
Personally I would rather that it takes us longer to get back to where we were if that means that we aren't crossing the line of potentially uploading images to the site that weren't originally from here. I get what you mean about 90% of image probably being sourced from here but for that other 10% if we start posting those then we are no better than the people who currently steal from us.

kikiqc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 04:04:34 pm »
Mp sent with 1,497 renders.

KingofHearts316

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 07:54:13 pm »
I don't remember if they were from PSD Dreams or not, but I have a couple of classic Saturday Night's Main Event and The Main Event logos that I would like to have on the site. I have had these classics for years since I have discovered them.

If someone can tell me how to go about uploading them, I will be more than happy to supply them.

kevan1700

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
i feel like that the fact that they ALL have to have come from here is making people hesitant to submit what they have due to files getting renamed over time and/or mixed in with various pngs not originating from here. Hell, I feel like I might get banned for even making this post because you guys seem so strict.

I submitted over 6400 pngs but i couldn't exactly differentiate between EVERYTHING that may/may not have come here. ESPECIALLY since the site went down.

Now i'm not sure if what I submitted will be overlooked because of the number of cuts not coming from here.

even becoming an uploader here isn't simple. I've tried a few times but between restricting time limits (i worked a lot of hours back then and simply didn't have the time to do the cuts properly)and long periods where applications weren't being considered at all, it just never happened.

I understand quality control plays a major factor but there's got to be some sort of way to get more increase uploads and maintain quality. (not to mention there were some pretty bad cuts uploaded here too before the crash)

Furthermore, i don't quite understand why people get so up in arms about their cuts. i, myself provided plenty of the profile pictures to the prowrestling wiki. Some were cut by me. do i care if billy bob uses one for his own site? not at all.

1. because the pictures aren't originally mine to begin, and i hold no rights to them
2. because the pictures being public are for the greater good.
3. this is just a hobby

hope i dont get slammed for this

DangerLiam

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:57 am »
The thing to remember is that we aren't forcing anyone to submit PNGs to the site, what we have asked is that if you are sure something came from us then please send it. A lot of people have created large collections of files and sent them but they have done so at a speed that makes it hard for us to be sure that everything is ours.

We will obviously do our best to sort through these and upload what we can be sure of, but it would help if people were able to take a little more time ensuring that what they send us came from here, that we it won't take us as long to sort through everything.

Our concern with people posting our cuts is very simple ... we spend time creating the images and then people pass them off as their own work. That's what we don't want.

OldSkuulGamer96

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »
Hi i have sh*t loads of renders from your site I will send them too one of you guys as soon as i can your renders have helped me with growing my youtube channel so this is a thankyou to PSD Dreams :D

EDIT: I have just checked and i have over 1,200 pretty much 95% of them are from your site there are a few extra ones in there aswell if you guys want them :D hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:42:15 pm by OldSkuulGamer96 »