Author Topic: [RESULTS] Breakdown #12  (Read 676 times)

Andrea

• Junior

• View Profile
[RESULTS] Breakdown #12
« on: February 20, 2018, 03:27:59 AM »
RESULTS...

Andrea: Disappointed with the lack of participation in this weeks Open Battle Royale but we got 2 nice entries. My vote goes for MaciekHeel. It's so simple but it really does it for me. Clean and to the point. MTFury I like this entry I think you would have a way better chance of winning if your main render wasn't low quality and look like its been over edited but I like the lay out a lot. Good job guys.

Kohop: MaciekHeel: amazing work, although not a traditional size, the piece is great and works well, the font suits, the colours are good, simple yet effective.
MTFury: Good attempt - the composition is good, however I think the font lets you down, and the whole piece seems grainy - good attempt though

WINNER

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

BellaArmy vs. Odysseus vs. Ero1numero vs. MaciekHeel vs. Kego

Andrea: Once again... My vote goes to MaciekHeel. It's just too clean and appealing to the eye. Not much to say it just looks like a real poster. Kego very good job on your piece I think I see what you were going for but the execution could have been better. I think the text looks a little jumbled and the crowd at the bottom was really poorly cut out. But I love the image of Elias at the top I think that was a good choice. Ero1numero I dig the layout but not a fan of the size or the text. I think the font could have worked better without the effects.

Norbi: MaciekHeel won.

Kohop: again gotta give the win to Maciek here, again, simple, yet really really effective. the graphics are a good addition, the composition is good, just a really good piece.
kego - poor font, and poor crowd, piece is also way too big, good layout though
era - good composition, main font works well, the date font doesnít fit, probably would have been better without it. piece looks grainy and poor quality however, unlucky.

WINNER

Reks vs. Golden Phoenix vs. Derp Rollins

Andrea: My vote goes to Derp. I think Derps looks more like an actual WWE Magazine. The effects and lighting blend well together and the extras on the cover really make it look real. I would have went with a different WWE logo but thats all I really have to complain about. Golden Phoenix I know you could do better. This looks like it was thrown together extremely quick. The text is really jumbled and all over the place. Next match I want you to take your time and try better with the text. 

Norbi: DerpRollins won.

Kohop: Derp: composition looks best like a magazine to me, layout is spot on, images and fonts used are functional, nothing mind blowing but still a good piece
GP - image is way too big, font choice doesít work for me, neither does the layout, the wonky fonts just donít work for a magazine unfortunately.

WINNER

Grenwood vs. Ara

Andrea: Ara wins by default. But a very nice entry this week. I love the grunge I think it works really well with the red. Everything is blended well. My only complaints are I don't like the red in their eyes I think if you blended it better instead of making it super solid red it would have worked better. Really nice anyway.

Norbi: Ara won. Really good piece of work.

Kohop: Ara by DQ? - canít complain, great piece from Ara everything is great accept those glowing eyes, just not a fan of that technique

WINNER

Arselx vs. Havoc

Andrea: This was a tough one. Both put in really good clean entries but I have to go with Havoc. Maybe I just prefer the style but I just love this one. The fonts work well here and the red gradient effect is sick. Arselx did a great job as well this poster looks super clean and realistic. The plain text works well with this piece and its just overall very nice. I cannot come up with criticism for either piece honestly. Great job both of you!

Norbi: I think Arselx's work is much more clear.It looks more official.Looks kinda like a promoting thing with all the spotlight and that stuff on the back.I think his work winst this match.
Havoc's concept looks good,showcasing some Miztourage moments on the background.I think that this stipulation just needed a bit of shine because it's about The Miz whose character is based on the spotlight and that type of things right now.
Overall I see a lot of potential in both works but this time Arselx won.

Kohop: Have to agree with both Norbi and Andrea. Both pieces are great in their own right. Each piece is pretty much faultless and although I overall prefer Havocís style, I think Arselxís matches the Miz and his Miztourage characters better - so for me, he gets my vote. Limited feedback as I literally canít add anything else to what the others have said as I agree with them fully.

WINNER

Kohop Kapah vs. SkyhighRollins

Andrea: Gotta go with Skyhigh on this one. Absolutely love the effect on Rousey and  putting her face inside the render is really brilliant. It looks very simple and professional. Kohop I see what you were going for with like a watercolor effect and it was very creative but the execution could have been a bit better. The effects kind of made the photo/render look low quality. But the creativity is very nice.

Norbi: I think SkyHighRollins won this time.

Kohop: SkyHigh - great work, pulled off an amazing piece, loads better that mine, great work as per.

WINNER

Lucas Black vs. HLR

Andrea: The match of the week for me. Both entries were fantastic but I have to go with Lucas Black its just next level. The effects are amazing looking and it works perfectly for the stip. Making the ground look like its breaking just looks fantastic. Best Of the Week IMO. HLR another awesome entry man I thought you were gonna take this one before I saw Lucas'. It's really simple but making it look like a video game is super creative and was executed perfectly. Really can't complain about either entry fantastic match.

Norbi: Lucas Black's work looks professional and clear.The effect of the flying ground looks really good and makes the work even better.The only thing maybe needed is a text or something but overall the looks really good.Lucas Black wins this match.
HLR's work looks kinda original.It's nice to see him trying different things.The work looks like a special screen for a finisher in a game which is a really good idea.This original idea could have won it for him but this match was won by Lucas Black.

Kohop: lucas black takes this one for me, interesting how you both used the same image! I do like HLRís video game layout, I just prefer LBís simple and effective, less is more, good match up though!

WINNER

Glinja vs. Workoutf

Andrea: Another great match but I have to go for Glinja. The colors, lighting and layout are just overall better and very appealing. The layout of them coming out of the red circle was brilliant. I think the text works really well here and the positioning is great. Just a really good entry I'd say runner up for botw! Workoutf very nice clean entry. I think everything here works well and the colors are very fitting. My only complaints is the Shinsuke render is taking up too much space and I'm not a fan of the positioning of the Royal Rumble winners/shinsuke/auska text. Other than that super solid entry. Great match!

Norbi: WorkoutF won.

Kohop: Workout back on form with this one, the fonts work great, layout and colour scheme is great fits both the Japanese and the rumble, although I hate that Nakamura render and using an asuka render with a title seems like oversight the whole piece is great
Glinja - great piece, layout is good and fonts are good, great piece all round, I just prefer Workoutís as I think the white and red colour scheme works better than your grunge effect - unlucky

WINNER

BEST OF THE WEEK
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:58:18 AM by Andrea »

The following users thanked this post: Phoenix, MaciekHeel

KegoFright

• PDG Fighter

• The Hunter.
    • View Profile
Re: [RESULTS] Breakdown #12
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:38:22 AM »
You didnít judge my piece for battle royal

PDG HISTORY:
ROMAN REIGNS, SAMOA JOE
3-16-0.

The following users thanked this post: Andrea

Andrea

• Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 04:16:09 AM »
You didnít judge my piece for battle royal

OMG I'm so sorry. I missed it that was totally my bad.

MaciekHeel

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:12:46 AM »
Congrats for all :D