Author Topic: I started Pro Wrestling Training!  (Read 389 times)

KohopKapah

• PDG Vet
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
I started Pro Wrestling Training!
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »
So I recently started pro wrestling training.

I was googling local schools and there was one 10 minute walk away from where I live! I'm not going to say the school for ya know .. digital privacy  :cow

So I've only done 2 weeks, and so far we've only covered basic back & front bumps (which hurt like a bitch tbh!) rope running (which hurts more than the bumps! Ive had a nice bruise across the back of my Shoulder blades for weeks!)
Shoulder rolls on both the left, right and both shoulders, and back rolls which I for some reason find particularly difficult -.-
We just recently started doing Irish whips, turnbuckle bumps and up and overs - where you get thrown into the turnbuckle, and jump and the person who Irish whips you goes under you?

It also requires a lot of neck strength and each week we work neck muscles, which is harder than it sounds, leaves you with a stiff neck for a day or two aha

Next week we're doing leaps and sleeps, the classic leapfrog spot where you leap frog and then hit the deck?

So far I'm really enjoying it, and I think if anyone out there is thinking about doing it, just go for it! Its so much fun, and I'd definitely regret it if I didn't do it!

I'm mainly doing it for a source of fitness, I don't know if I can ever see my self doing it for real, but we'll see!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The following users thanked this post: L3wap, skyhighrollins

skyhighrollins

• Heavyweight Champion

• View Profile
Re: I started Pro Wrestling Training!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:04:25 PM »
That is amazing! Go you!
Sounds like a legit wrestling school. It's always important to learn the small stuff first, even if it hurts like a bitch in the first weeks, but you'll get used to it. Just make sure to properly warm up before. Maybe in your free time work on your stamina too. Won't help you if you're out of breath after 1 minute.
I don't participate but I go to our local wrestling school every 2 weeks too to watch.

Keep us updated, would love to know how everything goes!

KohopKapah

• PDG Vet
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:23 PM »
We did more Up and Overs, this week, and we also ran through the leaps and sleeps again, this time doing it for real, which was exhilarating to be quite honest, having a full grown man un at you and having to leap over his head!

Really enjoying it! I highly recommend finding a school!

The bumps are no joke though! We started on flip bumps, which are surprisingly straightforward, instead of jumping and swinging with your shoulders, you kick your leg back over your head and that momentum makes you flip!

Just wish I had somewhere to practice in between sessions

Kidd Ka$h

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:09:17 AM »
That is amazing! Go you!
Sounds like a legit wrestling school. It's always important to learn the small stuff first, even if it hurts like a bitch in the first weeks, but you'll get used to it. Just make sure to properly warm up before. Maybe in your free time work on your stamina too. Won't help you if you're out of breath after 1 minute.
I don't participate but I go to our local wrestling school every 2 weeks too to watch.

Keep us updated, would love to know how everything goes!

It is good to work on cardio outside the ring, but there is actually quite a difference between ring cardio and regular cardio. The more KohopKapah participates in training the better his in ring stamina and cardio will become.

(c)skyhighrollins

PDG League Results
W-L-D
1-3-0