Author Topic: [RESULTS] Christmas Chaos 2017  (Read 72 times)

Arselx

• PDG Fighter
  • PDG General Manager

• The face that runs the place
    • View Profile
[RESULTS] Christmas Chaos 2017
« on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:34 pm »

CHRISTMAS CHAOS 2017 RESULTS:

OPEN BATTLEROYAL:

SUBJECT: Indie stars coming to NXT
STIP: Indie wrestling federations have many great talents, which need to be on the spotlight. Choose whoever you want to represent the three wrestlers who are going to make their way from the indies to NXT. Keep it NXT themed, choose some good wrestler and do something different and profesional.
SIZE: Any

WINNER: GoldenPhoenix
WORK:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
FEEDBACK: Only one entry on the battleroyal doesn't seem right... People are busy nowdays. GoldenPhoenix, I wanted some wrestlers not puppets. You should reveal them not keep them secret, it's not NXT themed, but somebody had to win it so...

DERP ROLLINS VS GOLDENPHOENIX

SUBJECT: Rusev and Aiden English as the SD Tag Team Champions
STIP: Scheduled for a fatal four way match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship at Clash of Champions, imagine Rusev and Aiden English winning the titles and shocking the world. Advertise them as tag team champions, keep it blue and try to impress us.

WINNER: Derp Rollins
WORK:
FEEDBACK: Derp: Nice work overall, I like the effect on the renders, the SDL logo should be blended with the color scheme, the lights on Rusev and English arms too, however the font was good, it was good in general. Golden Phoenix: What I liked there was the face paint on Rusev and the titles manipulation which was great. However that facepaint on Aiden English doesn't fit, the render cutout of English is a bit sharp but you've improved. However practice with photoshop a lot, and you'll become better.

ANDREA VS HLR

SUBJECT: Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe at Royal Rumble 2018
STIP: Things have got heaten up the past few weeks between the two samoan beasts. After a long feud in the making, they are set to fight for the Intercontinental Championship at Royal Rumble 2018. Advertise this match, feature Reigns as the champion, use slogans and other promotional things.
SIZE: Anything vertical

WINNER: HLR
WORK:
FEEDBACK: HLR: Sick shit man, one of your best works recently. I like how you adapted the renders with the background, the logo fits, the colorway is nice. The fonts should be bold to match the logo in my opinion, also one thing you should remember, do not add drop shadow on the renders, it's unnecesary and makes the work worse.
Andrea: Not a bad work, but bad composition. The background doesn't fit well, neither do the logos and fonts. Maybe you should've found a more creative way include them and same as HLR, try to match the fonts with the logo. I like the effect though and the renders positioning.

UNDERGROUND TITLE NO.1 CONTENDER BATTLEROYAL:

SUBJECT: Broken Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt
STIP: Matt Hardy is finally "woken" and he is ready to introduce his broken brilliance to Bray Wyatt. After a few promos done, they are ready to bring it at Royal Rumble. Match it with their personalities, feature the Royal Rumble logo and use smoke. Any text is optional.

WINNER: And the new underground title No.1 contender, HLR
WORK:
FEEDBACK: HLR: Nice job, but the blood concept would fit better with another superstar. However, the effects and fonts were pretty nice, could've done better with the logo. To sum it up, I like the job you've done there but you should've choosen another creepy concept for it.
Derp: Good concept, but could've done much more better with it. First of all it is too small to judge it properly, the logo seems out of place, you must have used the old gray one to fit better. I like the background, also the shadows work well, but have you ripped them from a psd or just made them by yourself because they look familiar.
GP: Well I like what you tried to do there, but the blendin was zero. The fonts don't fit the dark concept. As I said before, practice with photoshop.

SKYHIGHROLLINS VS RAKA

SUBJECT: Orton, Nakamura and Shane O'Mac vs Owens, Zayn and Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules
STIP: After turning heel and giving Owens and Zayn the win, the SmackDown GM is set in a feud with Orton, Shinsuke and the commisioner Shane O'Mac. The match is official at Extreme Rules. Your task is to make it extreme and cool, better than WWE would ever make a poster. Texts are optional but recommended.

WINNER: Raka (by DQ)
WORK:
FEEDBACK: Dude, that's some crazy shit right there. Perfect concept and effects used, nice fonts and the way you featured it was great. The "E" on the Extreme Rules logo is a bit far but still not a big mistake. I feel sorry for SkyHigh who couldn't compete unfortunatelly. This would be a main event worthy match.

WORKLB VS ARSELX & KOHOP KAPAH: TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

SUBJECT: Jericho vs Omega: Wrestle Kingdom 12
STIP: It's official, Y2J vs The Cleaner is set to happen at Wrestle Kingdom 12. It's like a dream match and so should you make the piece. Use the WK 12 logo, make it dark, use fonts and everything needed to make it special. Spread your creativity and impress the people.

WINNER: And....still the PDG Tag Team Champions, WorkLB (voted in the poll)
WORK:

WORKOUTF VS LUCAS BLACK: HARDCORE TITLE MATCH

SUBJECT: The Hardcore title is back!
STIP: WWE made the best choice possible and bringed the Hardcore title back, but there is gonna be a fatal four match for it. Choose the wrestlers, one should be a returning legend, one should be from SmackDown, one from RAW and the other should be an NXT guy. Use the old Hardcore title (which MUST be featured), crazy looking fonts and hardcore items. Choose a PPV between Hell in a Cell, TLC or Extreme Rules.

WINNER: And....still the PDG Hardcore Champion, Lucas Blackkkk
WORK:
FEEDBACK: Lucas Black: Very very cool concept, totally matching the meanin of hell in a cell. I like the way you featured the participants and the title, fonts were from another level. Amazing work from you dude.
Workoutf: Great job by you too bro, it was cool as hell, but the concept doesn't match the tables, ladders and chairs of the TLC PPV. You should've choosen Extreme Rules and it would fit properly. I'm not going to talk about the effects because they're sick as always.

MAIN EVENT:

RHYSE VS GHERDEZ: HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH (THROWAWAY SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE)

SUBJECT: Your current favourite wrestler vs your all time favourite wrestler
STIP: Imagine a dream match between your all time favourite wrestler going one on one with your current favourite wrestler at WrestleMania 34. Make it mania themed, you can adjust the colors of the logo as you desire and try to match the piece with their gimmick. Slogans and texts are optional. Do your best, we excpect this to be the best match in a long time.

WINNER: And....still the PDG Heavyweight Champion, Rhysee
WORK:
FEEDBACK: First of all, I want to say that deciding on this match was incredibly difficult. Both pieces are good in their own right, and during my decision-making process, I saw both of them as the potential winner at various different points. They both have positives and they both have flaws, and for me, it was very hard to decide on a clear winner.

Gherdez: I feel like your piece had the best overall impact when taking in the whole poster. The colour scheme is very bold and consistent, the fonts and the way you've used the text is eye-catching, and the composition looks pretty interesting. There's some flaws with the layout, such as the perspective of the smaller renders on the buildings and the empty space near the top, but I think overall the piece works well. Where you fall down is with the details. Zooming into the piece at 100%, I noticed that the effects you applied to the renders had affected the quality of them, causing the details to be lost. To me, this is a big issue as it shows a lack of attention to detail and just overall drags the quality down. There's some attention to detail with the textures you used, but the render effects and overall lack of attention to finer details and elements does bring the piece down. If judging purely on what the piece looks like at a glance, the impact of it makes it a success. However, the details and usage of effects and the like needs to be taken into account.

Rhyse: The concept of your piece works really well. The consistent colour scheme ties it together, as do the use of effects, lighting, and textures. The composition is very interesting, and the choice of renders works very well with it. I think you've also paid attention to the details, as can be seen with the choice of effects and the brushes used. However, I think one part of the detailing where you've fallen down is with the green colouring on one half of the Dunne render. It looks really odd and I think it could have either been blended in more or just removed altogether. You've also done something I really dislike, which is putting a full body render just floating in the middle of nowhere with no 'ground' or solid background to be a part of. It might be a small issue, but it's something that can easily be fixed and would have made the piece look more tied together in my opinion. Overall, you've included a lot of elements that bring the piece together, and though it may not look as impactful as Gherdez's at first glance, you've paid attention to all design elements to bring it together and make it a success.

This was a very close match and honestly it'd be good to see a rematch, since it was so difficult to decide on a winner. I think both of you did some great work, and it would be good to see you fight again in the future.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR MAKING THE LAST PPV OF 2017 A SUCCES!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:58:04 pm by Arselx »
Signature credit: Havoc