Author Topic: BreakDown #5  (Read 891 times)

staples

• View Profile
Re: BreakDown #5
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:11 pm »
You can clearly see that this is not a stock image/texture, nobody would create something this good only for other people to use it.  In addition, a lot of designers don't put their name on their works, a missing name is not an indication. Don't search on google, you simply can't trust it. If you search for backgrounds, you will find other people's photographs, designs etc. If it's not from a stock/ressource website, don't use it, because there is a good chance that this is someone else's art.

I hope i don't sound too harsh, just wanna make clear that y'all should be more careful  ;)

Workoutf

• Tag Team Champion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 07:22:23 pm »
ENTRY FOR THE MAIN EVENT
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Arselx

• PDG Fighter
  • PDG General Manager

• The face that runs the place
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 07:27:54 pm »
ENTRY FOR THE MAIN EVENT

I'm counting the first one this time, I don't want some little issue with the copyright cost you the title
Signature credit: Havoc

Oggy

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:27 pm »
I'm sry but No Time to Finish Something...
Tomorrow there is gonna be a Statement..

The following users thanked this post: Arselx, Wrestling Empire

staples

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
Results for Lucas Black vs Arselx

@Arselx piece:

+ Good job with the overall composition.
+ consistent theme, you can tell on the first sight what the movie is about, who's the hero, who's the villain etc.
+ Nice colors, effects and background.

- The text. Don't cover the name of the movie on a promotional poster. You can't read the name, what is it? I know that it says " The Raven" from the name of the file (i opened it in another tab), but this is a big no-go.
- You can see the outline of the lens flare texture.
- The shadows/black parts on the Finn Balor render. Due to the small size of the image it took me a little bit to see it, but now it's really sticking out. Like what it is this supposed to be? Shadows? From what? It doesnt look good.

@Lucas Black piece:

+ Good, simple composition. Main subject in the front, big text on top, you can't go wrong with that.
+ The logo/text looks nice.
+ As with Arselx poster, you can tell on the first sight what this is about.

- Low quality. A lot of parts are very pixelated and weird looking. You should've either used a better image or soften everything up until you can't see the pixelation.
- Weird softness around the edges, especially on Almas.
- Lack of creativity. While i like the idea of a mexican bootleg "Captain America", i wish you did more work on the costume than just changing the colors. Why not change the star on the shield to something else? Or what about adding a cape?

Winner:

KohopKapah

• PDG Vet
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2017, 08:09:57 pm »
Results for Lucas Black vs Arselx

@Arselx piece:

+ Good job with the overall composition.
+ consistent theme, you can tell on the first sight what the movie is about, who's the hero, who's the villain etc.
+ Nice colors, effects and background.

- The text. Don't cover the name of the movie on a promotional poster. You can't read the name, what is it? I know that it says " The Raven" from the name of the file (i opened it in another tab), but this is a big no-go.
- You can see the outline of the lens flare texture.
- The shadows/black parts on the Finn Balor render. Due to the small size of the image it took me a little bit to see it, but now it's really sticking out. Like what it is this supposed to be? Shadows? From what? It doesnt look good.

@Lucas Black piece:

+ Good, simple composition. Main subject in the front, big text on top, you can't go wrong with that.
+ The logo/text looks nice.
+ As with Arselx poster, you can tell on the first sight what this is about.

- Low quality. A lot of parts are very pixelated and weird looking. You should've either used a better image or soften everything up until you can't see the pixelation.
- Weird softness around the edges, especially on Almas.
- Lack of creativity. While i like the idea of a mexican bootleg "Captain America", i wish you did more work on the costume than just changing the colors. Why not change the star on the shield to something else? Or what about adding a cape?

Winner:

Doesnít LBís go against your stop though? You said not to adapt an existing superhero? He adapt captain America?  Just curious thatís all