Author Topic: [RESULTS] PDG GRAPHICSLAM 2019  (Read 281 times)

Kidd Kash

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
[RESULTS] PDG GRAPHICSLAM 2019
« on: October 07, 2019, 11:27:17 PM »
GraphicSlam 2019 Results

Theme Song - Mantra by Bring Me The Horizon

Open Battle Royal
Subject:
King Of The Ring 1996
Stip: Seeing as the WWE most recently crowned Baron Corbin as the new King of the Ring, the tournament itself used to be a staple of the WWE in its heyday as a fully fledged pay per view. In 1996 maybe the most iconic of winners were crowned and proceeded to ring in the new era as Austin 3:16 was first branded post victory. Your task is to create a poster commemorating this pay per view! It must include the King of the Ring logo, any necessary information and Stone Cold!
Size: Anything Vertical

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

JeriKane vs WorkoutF vs DanieleBetter
Subject:
The Best of Kane - WWE DVD
Stip: In 1997 quite possibly the biggest change came to Glenn Jacobs career as he would go on to define himself as the man better known as Kane. From his re-debut at Badd Blood: In Your House to his historic tag teams with The Undertaker as The Brothers of Destruction, Kane has had quite a historic run in the WWE. He has gone from being the Devil’s Favourite Demon to portraying a corporate figure! It is time we showed Kane some appreciation   by creating a custom DVD cover for a Best Of Kane DVD.

PDG Intercontinental Championship Match
Marsh vs Raye vs TioRollins vs  KohopKapah vs Soul Rider
Subject:
Intercontinental Champions
Stip: With the debut of a new PDG Championship comes a stipulation that matches said title. Your task is to create a piece centred around the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Of course the history of the Intercontinental is magnificent as it has been held by the likes of Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior, Mr Perfect, Razor Ramon and more in the past; while recently has been used as a platform for talent such as The Miz, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler. You can use as many previous champions as you like in your piece!
Size: Any

PDG Underground Championship Match
Throwaway (c) vs Darkane vs Hoot vs Circumstance
Subject:
CM Punk
Stip: There has been a lot of speculation at the moment that CM Punk is potentially looking at returning to the wrestling ring in some capacity. News has had it that he’s been offered a contract by AEW, while other speculation has seen him apparently return for a role on the WWE Backstage studio show on Fox. Your task is to create a piece advertising CM Punk’s return to wrestling, but doesn’t have to be limited to the previously mentioned companies. What if CM Punk turned up at IMPACT or New Japan? Go wild!

PDG Hardcore Championship Match
Jagged (c) vs Grom vs Ara

Subject: Ken Shamrock
Stip: The World Most Dangerous Man is back! Having made his return with IMPACT Wrestling most recently he will challenge Moose at IMPACT Wrestling’s biggest Pay Per View, Bound For Glory. From his time in the WWE to his acclaimed MMA career with Pancrase and UFC. I want you to create a piece either advertising this match or creating a career retrospective of Shamrock.
Size: Any

PDG Undisputed Championship Match
RHYSE vs Oggy vs Jagged vs Gherdez
Subject:
A Legend Returns!
Stip: We’ve seen a lot recently that legends are returning to end their career at the WWE. There has been the likes of Goldberg, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle and more! Your task is to create a piece advertising the return of a wrestling legend to wrestle one last match in the WWE. As this is the main event i expect this to be a main event calibre match.

And there we have it the first PPV of the Revolution Era is over, congratulations to those who won their matches as well as everyone who pulled it out the bag to create a top draw piece for your matches. Congratulations to Jagged who is now both Undisputed and Harcore Champion! Congratulations to Marsh on becoming the inaugural, Intercontinental Champion! and Congratulations to Circumstance on becoming Underground Champion! Let's continue this amazing form into Revolution #4!

PDG League Results
W-L-D
1-3-0

The following users thanked this post: circumstance, Jagged, TioRollins, MarshEditions

danielebetter

• PDG Hall of Famer

• no respect
    • View Profile
Re: [RESULTS] PDG GRAPHICSLAM 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »
Congratulations to the new champions!

I love the best of the week entry by Jagged and now he holds two belts... I think you got the wrong one maybe, the one that belongs to me. :D

Quality entries have been posted also by Marsh, Oggy and Hoot.

The following users thanked this post: Kidd Kash, MarshEditions

Soul Rider

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:55:26 PM »
Overall GraphicSlam was a success, so Kudos to Kash and all the people that was involved in making it happen. You should be proud.

Congrats goes to Marsh on winning the IC title. Good job buddy.
 I really thought I had this one won, as I sincerely thought I put out a good enough piece to bag the title, but once again I was wrong and I lost. It seems like I just can't get a win since my comeback, and that a real bummer frankly.  :dry

I don't mean to drag on Marsh's piece, but I actually though that if I'm not taking the title, then Tio should have won it since he put out a really nice and soild piece with all the neon and stuff. I really liked it.

Anyway, Thanks for a realyl soild PPV, I guess I will try to take the W in Revoultion 4.

The following users thanked this post: Raye, TioRollins, MarshEditions

Jagged

• PDG Undisputed Champion

• Mr. Self Destruct
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 02:05:51 AM »
Overall GraphicSlam was a success, so Kudos to Kash and all the people that was involved in making it happen. You should be proud.

I really thought I had this one won, as I sincerely thought I put out a good enough piece to bag the title, but once again I was wrong and I lost. It seems like I just can't get a win since my comeback, and that a real bummer frankly.  :dry

I don't mean to drag on Marsh's piece, but I actually though that if I'm not taking the title, then Tio should have won it since he put out a really nice and soild piece with all the neon and stuff. I really liked it.

Anyway, Thanks for a realyl soild PPV, I guess I will try to take the W in Revoultion 4.

It's not about who makes the best graphic piece. It's about who's the one who does the best work, while showcasing what the stip wants you to showcase. If the stip was about making a tribute to an Intercontinental Champion, someone would have won. But none of y'all stuck with the stipulation. Only Marsh did. Be careful with what you do.

The following users thanked this post: Rhyse, MarshEditions

Lennart

• PDG Management

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 03:19:20 AM »
congratulations to my buddy Marsh, who undoubtedly made the BEST piece of all. I am proud of you mate

The following users thanked this post: Rhyse, Jagged, MarshEditions

Soul Rider

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »

It's not about who makes the best graphic piece. It's about who's the one who does the best work, while showcasing what the stip wants you to showcase. If the stip was about making a tribute to an Intercontinental Champion, someone would have won. But none of y'all stuck with the stipulation. Only Marsh did. Be careful with what you do.

After reading the stip again, you're right champ, the stip did say to create a piece featuring multiple IC champions. The criticism on the enteries did make it feel like it was judged on quality of performance alone, and not only about the stip, which like I said, I thought me and Tio brought in a really soild enteries. I guess to each their own when it comes to taste. Anyway, lets not drag on this great PPV, once again, congrats to all the winners, and better luck next time to those of us that lost.
Marsh, I will be coming for that title my man, so hold it tight.  ;)

TioRollins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »

After reading the stip again, you're right champ, the stip did say to create a piece featuring multiple IC champions. The criticism on the enteries did make it feel like it was judged on quality of performance alone, and not only about the stip, which like I said, I thought me and Tio brought in a really soild enteries. I guess to each their own when it comes to taste. Anyway, lets not drag on this great PPV, once again, congrats to all the winners, and better luck next time to those of us that lost.
Marsh, I will be coming for that title my man, so hold it tight.  ;)

Yeah, we only brought "modern" pieces since we chose champions in more current situations, it is not that we have not achieved it as they say above, but that our "modern" approach perhaps did not fall into the concept of many here. :moo

Jagged

• PDG Undisputed Champion

• Mr. Self Destruct
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »
 Don't come out here like your shit don't stink.

Soul Rider

• PDG Fighter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 10:33:37 PM »
Don't come out here like your shit don't stink.

What's that suppose to mean mate?