Author Topic: Happy Birthday PSD-Dreams!  (Read 408 times)

Niloc

• User

• sin expectativas, sin decepciones
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Happy Birthday PSD-Dreams!
« on: July 28, 2019, 05:10:51 PM »
With today being the 12th birthday of PSD-Dreams, I figured it deserved a topic, because none of us would be here without it.

First off, thanks to @L3wap for launching such a creative, fun site. All the stuff to do makes this place very enjoyable.

Anyway, this thread is for people to share their greatest stories on this site, and any memories, etc that they have here. Or, like me, just share your opinions on the site.

So, as iíve only been here since September of 2017, and spent most of my time banned off the site, thereís not many memories I have. So, with that being said, I am just going to express how much I enjoy the PSD-Dreams board.

Everyday I come home from work, or previously, school, and I rush immediately to here. I donít exactly know why I have so much love for the site, but I do. Everyday as i stated, I come home, and rush here to see what new topics have been posted, what new PDG shows are happening, etc. But, I think i may have actually figured it out. The reason I love it here so much is because when I originally started I was 15, and I think I wasnít fully comprehending how one person (L3wap) could build as big of a site as this. And i loved how much freedom we got as to what we wanted to do. My favorite thing to do here is probably PDG, though I have more losses under my belt than wins. Though the idea of a Graphics League is extremely fun, especially since all the other ones iíve been in werenít this populated and had differences about them.

Anyways, I guess the one memory I love here is that my first ever PDG show, PDG Borderline 2017 (I think, it mightíve been like one or two Breakdowns before it, nonetheless first PPV) took place on my birthday. (November 12th) And though I lost half the matches I was in, 16 year old Niloc was extremely happy when he saw that I won the opening battle royal, which Iím pretty sure I was the only one who entered  XD. If thereís any other memories, itís that iíve probably taken Uploader Application 10 times and still havenít passed  :clown. Anyways, though iím kind of a meme, just wanted to say: thank you PSD Dreams.

So now this is your chance. Post below any memories and anything else you wanna say, iíd love to read it!

Edit: wasnít the only one in the battle royal, but still
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:58:21 PM by Niloc »
Instagram // DeviantArt

Siganture Credit: Ara

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Rhyse

• PDG Hall of Famer

• Con Altura
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday PSD-Dreams!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »
PSD-Dreams has entered its 12 year old emo phase with the new all-black layout :asd

I'll never forget how crucial the renders and assets I found on the original site, because without them I would've been forced to make my own renders and I'm still halfway decent with those at best. So thank you PSD-Dreams for making editing and GFX more accessible to guys that are just starting out. Here's to another 12 more!
// IR… JOVEN PA' LA SEPULTURA //

The following users thanked this post: Niloc

Niloc

• User

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:58:07 PM »
PSD-Dreams has entered its 12 year old emo phase with the new all-black layout :asd

I'll never forget how crucial the renders and assets I found on the original site, because without them I would've been forced to make my own renders and I'm still halfway decent with those at best. So thank you PSD-Dreams for making editing and GFX more accessible to guys that are just starting out. Here's to another 12 more!

Yes, Iíve never been great at cutting renders either, but it sure is less of a hassle with the site being there so you bring up a good point.
Instagram // DeviantArt

Gherdez

• Sosa
  • Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »
It was 2011 when I found the site the first time. In the management since 2014. Happy Birthday to this glorious community, my only regret is having lost the old forum/gallery with the historical archive..Only memories!
ཧམཛཞཊཇའ ē Follow me on Instagram

Throwaway

• PDG Hall of Famer

• the powerhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 01:59:48 AM »
Much love to PSD-Dreams for getting me properly into GFX and design, helping me get back into wrestling, and inspiring me down the career path I'm on today. Who knows what I'd be doing now if I hadn't discovered PSD-Dreams renders and the wider community on the forums, along with all the constructive criticism and feedback I've received over the years from the members of the community. Happy to have been a part of the management structure of the forums and so glad to contribute to the site's community; even happier to see how it's still going. And thank you to all those who have helped it grow and sustained it for so long - I'm sure a lot of designers are grateful for all the work that's been put into PSD-Dreams over the last twelve years.

Here's to twelve more.

Niloc

• User

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 02:08:27 AM »
It was 2011 when I found the site the first time. In the management since 2014. Happy Birthday to this glorious community, my only regret is having lost the old forum/gallery with the historical archive..Only memories!

I had a stint previous to that of about 2 days, so I wasnít really familiar with it,
but I saw a lot of backlash because of it on Instagram, and one of my good irl friends who used to be on here was heart struck about it, so since he was making such a big deal, i came back afterwards full time (and glad i did.)
Instagram // DeviantArt

Niloc

• User

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 02:10:28 AM »
Much love to PSD-Dreams for getting me properly into GFX and design, helping me get back into wrestling, and inspiring me down the career path I'm on today. Who knows what I'd be doing now if I hadn't discovered PSD-Dreams renders and the wider community on the forums, along with all the constructive criticism and feedback I've received over the years from the members of the community. Happy to have been a part of the management structure of the forums and so glad to contribute to the site's community; even happier to see how it's still going. And thank you to all those who have helped it grow and sustained it for so long - I'm sure a lot of designers are grateful for all the work that's been put into PSD-Dreams over the last twelve years.

Here's to twelve more.

I for one very highly agree with you, because whilst I was still into graphics pre joining, this definitely elevated my passion of designing from a side hobby that i do probably once a months, if that, to one of my current jobs. I never thought for a split second iíd be this into it, but am definitely happy with the overall outcome.
Instagram // DeviantArt

The following users thanked this post: Throwaway